Deadline: 2 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Development and implementation of LIFT VfM Framework
- Contribute towards continuous review of existing VfM approaches to delivering, monitoring and evaluating VfM at LIFT FMO, Thematic/Program levels and for respective implementation partners (including any existing VFM strategies).
- Support the M&E Advisor VfM in documentation of LIFT VfM framework including but not limited to reviewing and updating the VfM approaches and processes at different levels of LIFT based on documented lessons and experiences, VfM metrics for LIFT, Program and Project level indicators and reporting system.
- Participate in the design of thematic or geographical programs by ensuring VfM requirements are adequately mainstreamed and reflected in calls for proposals.
- Contribute towards improved quality VfM data collection, analysis and reporting at all levels of LIFT
- Work with the M&E Advisor-VfM in reviewing and where appropriate developing and testing additional/complementary tools for VfM data collection at LIFT FMO and Programme/Project levels.
- Support the M&E Advisor-VfM in planning and delivery of ongoing inductions to key FMO technical staffs on the VfM framework and metrics through formal training forums and continuous hands on support in utilisation of the tools.
- Work with the M&E Advisor-VfM in planning and delivering inductions to LIFT partners on VfM data collection tools through trainings, online, onsite and other forms of support as may be appropriate to ensure data collection meets desired quality standards.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance, public policy or related disciplines is required.
- First-Level University Degree (Bachelor’s) in combination with 2 year’s of significant relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Additional studies in community development, M&E and/or research design and methodologies are desirable.
- Minimum 5 year’s of working experience in undertaking cost-benefit/effective/utility analysis and/or value for money studies with international development projects is required.
- Previous experience of delivering training on cost-benefit/effective/utility analysis and/or value for money studies with international development projects is desired.
- Previous experience of providing management advisory services on value for money at international organizations or development agencies is highly desired.
- At least 5 year’s experience in conducting evaluations/studies in development and humanitarian contexts is required.
- Experience in M&E systems design and implementation is required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar language is required.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.