Deadline: 25 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Aden, Yemen. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform following functions:
- Contribute to the development and the update of Emergency Health and Nutrition Project (EHNP) plans and linking them to the implementation of project activities.
- Support the development of comprehensive governorate health plans based on the micro-planning exercises at Governorate Health Office level.
- Participate in the management of the emergency award grant, budgetary, financial, expenditure and disbursement transactions.
- Ensure compliance with donors and WHO regulations, financial accuracy and timely reporting.
- Produce and maintain detailed and up to date Gantt charts, progress and financial reports, and other related information to facilitate internal and external reporting.
- Assist in the development of log frames, work plans including timeframes, budgets, activity cost estimates as well as project proposals.
- Collaborate with technical staff on the timely preparation and submission of project proposals, budgets, detailed plans of action.
- Follow up on the status of all emergency project proposals from drafting stage to their final acceptance.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in public health, management, business or public administration or other social or economic sciences from an accredited/recognized institute.
- University degree in public health, business or public administration.
- Specialized training in epidemiology, health management, or humanitarian interventions.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in planning, managing data and monitoring operations or financial reporting, in a public health or humanitarian international context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in reporting on large budgets and financial resources.
- Proven knowledge of programme and financial management ability to perform and adapt to complex and changing political, social, and economic contexts.
- Knowledge of WHO or other UN agencies’ governing mechanisms, procedures, planning and programme management.
- Intermediate knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local (Arabic).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.