Deadline: 6 January 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Finance) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The National Professional Officer will be responsible to process and account services for payroll, pension, accounts payable, travel and expenses and awards transactions as set out in the Service Catalogue.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage, brief, motivate, train and coach the team in the respective GFI unit.
- Ensure that service requests and other work requests are distributed to team members.
- Ensure that such requests are processed within the turn-around times specified in the Service Catalogue and within the relevant control environment.
- Ensure that all queries from staff or suppliers are processed within the turn-around times specified in the Service Catalogue.
- Prepare management reports on a periodic basis.
- Prepare and clean monthly reconciliations.
- Liaise closely with Internal and External Auditors, providing requested information and ensuring necessary changes are made when responding to recommendations.
- Periodically, review processes and standard operating procedures to ensure that procedures are up to date and any potential process improvements are identified.
- Identify system issues, notify IT Support teams accordingly and test subsequent system fixes.
- Make recommendations on process improvements and implemented authorized changes, including changes to system design and subsequent testing.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues in GFI, GSC, HQ, Regional Offices (ROs) and Country Offices (COs), valuing one GSC.
- Perform ad hoc assignments, special projects, and any other related duties when required.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in accounting/financial management or an equivalent completed professional training in accounting with certification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or a related formal qualification.
- Advanced university degree in accounting/financial management.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in financial accounting, managing financial transaction processing and/or income management preferably within a large corporation or international organization.
- Demonstrated experience in finance and accounting management.
- Experience in using integrated financial management and reporting systems.
- Proven managerial and leadership skills and experience.
- Experience in WHO with a good knowledge of the financial and administrative rules and processes.
- Experience in a Finance and HR Shared Services Centre.
- Ability to analyse financial data and recommend appropriate actions.
- Excellent all round communication skills.
- Very good knowledge of ERP systems.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in MS Office.
- Nationality of Malaysia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.