Deadline: 3 July 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Support Officer in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
The National Project Support Officer will be responsible for monitoring specific administrative and financial transactions, preparing and updating financial reports, providing information and bringing to attention issues related to the project’s support operations.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Project Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project Implementation:
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor project financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment).Monitor and record best practices and innovative approaches within UNOPS FRR; identify and show alternative options according to Activity needs.
- Financial and procurement management:
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Prepare the project’s operational and financial completion requirements – e.g. financial and narrative completion reports, settlement of any pending contractual and financial obligations/commitments, full receipt of donor/client contributions, assets disposition, personnel separation, among others.
- Project monitoring and reporting:
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager.
- Coordination and Liaison:
- Contract management of all contracts (Procurement, HR, Service Contracts etc) under the Project.
- Proactively coordinate/liaise with support units on all administrative matters related to contract management.
- Liaise with UNOPS support service offices for project-related administrative and operational matters such as payments, contract management, recruitment of personnel, procurement of goods and services and assets management.
- Knowledge management and innovation:
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Contribute to the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building.
- Operational and Logistic Support:
- Support development and maintenance of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) based management information systems to ensure real time tracking and asset management under the project activities.
- Liaise with the Finance Unit to process and monitor all payment requests within the Project.
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring all HR requirements and related activities under the Project.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Management, Economics, Accounting, Public Administration or a relevant field is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s Degree with additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advance degree.
- Technical/Professional Diploma with additional 4 years relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum 5 years relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and Operations Management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination is required.
- Experience in humanitarian emergency operating contexts, including humanitarian coordination mechanisms, donors, security, and operations management is an asset.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN rules and regulations preferred.
- Prior experience in multi-stage reporting and project support is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience in handling web-based management systems
- Full knowledge of the working language English is required
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
- Nationality of Sierra Leone.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at UNOPS.