Deadline: 11 March 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations and Finance Director in Sri Lanka.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations and Finance Director will perform the following functions:
- Oversees all operations including administration, human resources, logistics, operational procurement, budgeting, financial management, and property
- Provides leadership and supervision in all aspects of project accounting, financial management, and budgeting
- Has the authority and obligation to ensure that Activity implementation is in full compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies and Sri Lanka/ Maldives laws
- Ensures the efficient functioning of project operations including financial, operational, administration, and HR
- Finalize formal or ad hoc financial reports for USAID submission
- Mentors and builds capacity of operational staff
- Ensure administrative processes are carried out in a consistent manner across all field offices
Applicant must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, management or relevant field
- Minimum of five years managing USAID programming including managing contracts, finance, procurement, grants, logistics and/or human resources, with progressively increasing administrative responsibilities and/or supervisory responsibilities
- Advanced working knowledge of US government regulations in subcontracts, sub-grants, and procurement preferred
- Previous project startup experience strongly preferred
- Previous short or long-term field-based operations experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing multilateral- or bilateral-funded programs, grants or subcontracts
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and Dhivehi, Sinhalese or Tamil
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.