Deadline: 9 August 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist with finance activities as requested, including monthly billing, tracking and reimbursements.
- Request & ensure all operational monthly settlements are closed and documented (scanned, field…).
- Prepare Payment Requestor relevant supplier’s/service providers and submit it to the finance department in order to process their payments.
- Handle day to day petty cash; ex: Paying suppliers, reimbursing staff & other operational cash payments with the support of his/her line manager.
- Track all petty cash transactions and update related form regularly.
- Logistics and Procurement
- Procure supplies, equipment, and materials for daily operations.
- Create and maintain contact with vendors and service providers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Ensure the purchase requisitions (PRs) are aligned with plan policies and procedures.
- Prepare and draft request for quotations (RFQs) and share with supplier’s/service providers.
- Develop the canvass related to the requested items, including: “suppliers, item criteria, prices, etc.” and share it with the requestors for selection.
- Monitor and track the inventory of office assets and supplies in coordination with his/her line manager.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for Plan staff, booking flights, accommodation, transportation, etc..
- Coordinate weekly movement plan and share it between fleet focal point/drivers and plan staff.
- Track and monitor log sheets provided to drivers each month.
- Assist with the organization of relevant workshops in Lebanon.
Applicants must have:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- At least 2 year’s working in similar position with an INGO in Lebanon.
- Preferred Experience of relevant operational systems.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Excellent written and oral communications in Arabic and English mandatory.
- Strong commitment to child safeguarding & Antifraud policies both inside and outside the workplace.
- Ability and experience in adapting to systems & processes.
- Strong character traits, including team work, striving for high performance, emotional stability, resilience, adaptability, and ability to handle stress, strong initiative and self-motivation, cultural and gender sensitivity, honesty and physical fitness to travel are essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.