Deadline: 9 July 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Bamenda, Cameroon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the PPRD Programme processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the PPRD Programme focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for PPRD Programme, and preparation of all types of vouchers for PPRD Programme, PO vouchers; Pay Cycle and payment execution.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources as required.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for Stabilization Project and recording of deposits in Atlas.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance records and documents of the Stabilization Project.
- Ensure efficient administrative, logistics and procurement support to the PPRD, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats.
- Ensure closely with UNDP Administration the support for protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Supervision of cleaning services.
- Coordination of transportation services (vehicles of the office and projects), regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- At least Master’s Degree in Finance, Management, Business or Public Administration, or equivalent, will be required.
- At least 3 year’s of relevant working experience in both administrative & finance domains, and in any other operational domain such as logistics, procurement, at the national or international level is required. NB: (The relevant Administrative & Finance experience must be at least 2 year’s).
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems are required.
- Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft, desirable and will be an asset.
- Working experience in Finance or accountancy with an international NGO, Organism, or UN will be an asset.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French is required and other local languages in the regions (pidgin, etc… is desirable).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.