Deadline: 18 August 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Operations Assistant will be responsible to provide a range of administrative and financial services to corporate, portfolio and client managers and associates.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform following functions:
- Provide administrative and financial support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare and calculate DSA according to UNOPS Travel Policies and procedure, based on actual Travel Itinerary and information provided on DSA Form.
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of all financial, policy and routine administration aspects of service delivery.
- Creation and update of DSA Calculation templates.
- Check documents for accuracy and compliance with UNOPS Travel Policy.
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in operations, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensure knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Prepare and provide of accurate data and information to facilitate timely payment of DSA, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge on DSA processes.
- Use of technology and electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with colleagues and clients.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education.
- Certification in administration desirable.
- University Degree in Business, Public Administration or Finance would be desirable.
- 3 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (GSuite).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous working experience with ERP Agresso would be highly desired.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in any other UN languages would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.