Deadline: 14 February 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Operations Assistant will provide a range of administrative and financial services to corporate, portfolio and client managers and associates.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Prepare and calculate DSA according to UNOPS Travel Policies and procedure, based on actual Travel Itinerary and information provided on DSA Form.
- Assist in the administration and monitoring of all financial, policy and routine administration aspects of service delivery.
- Creation and update of DSA Calculation templates.
- Checking documents for accuracy and compliance with UNOPS Travel Policy.
- Ensure documentation retention and maintenance of accurate records (hardcopy and online) of all DSA calculations for easy reference and retrieval; efficient document management including short periodic reports on service delivery.
- Continuous interaction with colleagues to exchange information on administrative issues and seek co-operation.
- Resolution of routine administrative and process problems, referring complex issues to supervisor with recommendations for course of action.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Full compliance of operations with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Inputs to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in operations, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Prepare and provide of accurate data and information to facilitate timely payment of DSA, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge on DSA processes.
- Use of technology and electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with colleagues and clients.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Secondary Education is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, financial management or related fields relevant to the above duties
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience within accounting, financial management or related fields relevant to the above details.
- Previous experience within UNOPS and UNOPS’ Financial Regulations and Rules would be an asset.
- Previous working experience with ERP Agresso would be highly desired.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong client focus.
- Team player.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.