Deadline: 20 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Manager in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Operations Manager will manage the operational functions of the Eastern Zone office in the areas of finance, accounts, human resources, administration, supply, logistics and ICT, in support of the country office programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will perform the following function-
- Approves and authorizes all operational transactions through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Advises and recommends to the Chief of Field Operations and the Country Office when deviation from rules and regulations may be required and propose alternative solutions through the Representative to HQ to meet office objectives.
- Monitors compliance with all operational systems and procedures. Establishes relevant internal controls. Ensures accuracy, promptness and appropriateness of information and reports to the Chief of Field Operations and the Country Office.
- Undertakes regular visits to field offices to resolve difficult problems, support major activities (budget preparation, job classification), establishes and/or conducts monitoring and evaluation of systems and procedures and adherence to rules and regulations, and training and guidance.
- Prepares trip reports for the Chief of Field Operations on relevant functional areas.
- Contributes to the development of global policies, directions, new approaches and methodologies in the operations area through participation in strategic meetings, and consultations at National and Regional Office levels.
- Participates in the country programme strategy, development, planning and preview/review meetings to identify staffing and administrative operational requirements.
- Reviews office structures and operations, and updates job descriptions prior to budget preparation in line with country programme commitment. Prepares budgets and the accompanying justifications and documentation. Monitors and controls budget allotments.
- Analyzes needs, develops and plans short-term and long-term strategies for office automation, which includes supervision of installation and/or adjustment of global computer system, acquisition and maintenance of hardware/software, and training of staff.
- Manages recruitment of staff in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Provides staff briefing and orientation regarding all of the operational areas. Also provides counseling on personnel-related issues including career development.
- Develops a training plan based on a needs analysis, arranges and implements training activities, monitors implementation within approved allocation and conducts evaluations of training impact.
- Participates in the country programming process to contribute to timely planning and acquisition of supplies. Ensures administrative support for it’s delivery, monitoring, control and inventory.
Applicants must have-
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- A valid professional certification (CA; CPA; etc.) from an accredited chartered accountancy institution, in conjunction with a relevant first-level (Bachelor’s) university degree in a directly-related technical field, may be taken in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in office management, finance, budget, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply and/or administration is required.
- Previous hands on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity are required.
- Work experience in an emergency duty station is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French (verbal and written) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.