Deadline: 27 July 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Act as a focal point for all project operational matters, organizes and handles the day-to-day operational activities of the field programme (including emergency, rehabilitation and development projects, in national, regional and global projects) and takes action in consultation with supervisors on any issues which arise during the execution period.
- Prepare project task force meetings and provides secretariat support.
- Ensure the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, subcontracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors and in liaison with other support units.
- Participate in the preparation of project work plans, monitors progress and identifies corrective measures to overcome operational constraints.
- Review and monitor the project budget, prepares requests and revisions as required, maintains and monitors budget expenditures and resources, reviews project transaction listings with a view to identify errors in accounting against budget lines.
- Prepare and submit the Project Implementation Reports and any other reports required by the Organization.
- Ensure the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g. GRMS, FPMIS), for all assigned operational field projects and activities.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in public or business administration, finance, accounting, economics, social sciences or another field related to the FAO mandate.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in project management/operations and support.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.