Deadline: 18 June 2019
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Operations Officer will lead various operational assignments, with specific focus to activities that cover financial sector development.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead and contribute to client engagements which cover a variety of topics and products in the financial sector, with special focus on access to finance, financial infrastructure, and long-term finance.
- Lead or support necessary project preparation and supervision activities, this includes technical inputs on Finance and Competitiveness issues with an added focus on financial sector development.
- Lead policy dialogue with client governments at the highest level on financial sector and private sector development issues.
- Support overall strategy development and delivery of priority programs, with a focus on Philippines.
- Pursue fundraising opportunities with donors, reporting and maintaining periodic dialogue with donors contributing to the EFI IFC program in the region.
- Identify, contract and manage experts and consultants and ensuring delivery of timely and high quality work.
- Explore and promote synergies across product teams, across World Bank as well as IFC industry teams.
- Support IFC corporate functions such as represent the IFC/World Bank Group, as needed, at public forums and meetings.
- Contribute to EFI Advisory team planning, budgeting and reporting; assist in the recruitment of junior staff, as and when relevant.
- Other tasks as requested by the Practice Manager or Task Team Leaders.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- MBA or Master’s in Business, Finance, Economics/Public policy (or related discipline).
- Any focus on financial sector development will be an added advantage.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the financial sector, strong understanding of the financial sector in Philippines as well as work experience in development of new financial products, including SME and digital finance.
- Prior experience of working with multilateral organizations or development institutions, regulatory bodies and experience in policy dialogue and policy making, would be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse information.
- Global experience; experience in developing countries / emerging economies is a strong advantage.
- Work experiences in Philippine banking sector is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently, including to developing countries (including remote, fragile and conflict affected areas).
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders, including regulatory authorities, government officials, private sector, financial institutions, and members of the start-ups and entrepreneurship ecosystem, etc.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Highly motivated and committed professional with a keen interest in financial sector development and drive for results;
- Good team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries.
- Strong soft skills to be able to work with a diverse group of colleagues and clients
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.