Deadline: 21 July 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Focal point for metrics support for climate business development in the power, transport, and cities/urban environment sectors.
- Liaise and engage with relevant industry investment departments – in particular the Infrastructure and Natural Resources investment department.
- Develop excellent relationships with relevant departments at both global and regional levels.
- Lead the development and regular update of infrastructure sector-related guidance notes, taking account of the latest IFC Climate Definitions.
- Support guidance notes for other relevant sectors within area of experience and expertise.
- Support the calculation of gross GHG emissions of IFC’s real sector portfolio and assist in the use of an internal carbon price in investment assessment.
- Support, as needed, the division’s work with investment and advisory teams for the identification of new climate smart opportunities in current and new business areas as IFC pursues its “Creating Markets” strategy.
- Provide cross-support and back-up to CBDPT climate metrics staff for other industrial sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, services, telecom, and financial institutions group as needed.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate Degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, economics/finance, MBA or related discipline.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering, physics or chemistry or related technical fields is a must.
- At least 5 year’s of experience assessing projects in industrial companies (strongly preferred), ideally in the oil, gas, power, mining and/or other infrastructure industries.
- Relevant work experience in GHG accounting and climate change, including project documentation assessment, baseline and GHG reduction calculation for investment projects, gross GHG accounting and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills. Superior client focus required.
- Excellent knowledge of computer-based analytical tools (spreadsheets, projection models).
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated track record in trouble-shooting, problem-solving and quality review/assurance of data and analysis.
- Experience with private sector financing (commercial banks, funds, etc.) a plus.
- Experience in preparation and delivery of training is desirable.
- Fluency in English – written and oral – required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.