Deadline: 9 June 2022
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Specialist in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assessing operational and staffing requirements for implementation of the Humanitarian Response and Nexus Development Programme, ensuring optimal staffing of office and through timely recruitment and training of personnel.
- Supporting the achievement of Humanitarian Response activities and programme results through your operational expertise, including personnel, sub-contracts, procurement, fellowships and other project-related events.
- Ensuring strategic and efficient management of financial resources though; tracking of available resources, ensuring financial policy compliance, establishing reporting structures, advising when deviations from regulations may be required and proposing alternative solutions to meet outcomes.
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of corporate, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems; ensuring personnel are trained on these.
- Ensuring a continuous flow of up-to-date information between the Sub-Office, the Main Office in Dhaka and the Regional Office.
- Supervising administrative staff at the Sub-Office including monitoring implementation by service providers of HR entitlements (e.g. salaries and benefits).
- Maintaining timely provision of goods and services for the Sub-Office; managing negotiations following established procedures, regarding review and awarding of contracts in consultation with the Main Office.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology or other related disciplines.
- 5 year’s of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages is preferable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.