Deadline: 2 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Payroll Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Payroll Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support in administrative and payroll related tasks, including following responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to Payroll.
- Ensure that documents and supporting files are accurate, complete and properly filed for audit purposes.
- Support to the day to day payroll transactions.
- Create receipts and initiate payments in UNOPS ERP System.
- Process payments relating to salaries in UNOPS ERP System.
- Check that payment to Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) holder is in compliance with vendor profile and the terms and conditions of the ICA agreement.
- Support in producing various payroll reports and queries focusing on the following results:
- Accurate payroll data resulting in reduction of recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Timely and accurate determination and processing of payments.
- Audit checks and balances for due diligence and financial accountability within the Financial Rules and Regulations of UNOPS.
- Maximize the use of technology to keep the client informed of their payroll elements and changes thereto.
- Support in facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects personnel on Payroll.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- BA or MA Degree may substitute required years of work experience.
- 3 year’s of experience in supporting a payroll, accounting and/or HR administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.