Deadline: 28 May 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of People & Culture Director in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 2+ years.
The People & Culture Director will provide strategic leadership and advice to World Vision (WV) Regional and National Offices (NOs) in Latin America & Caribbean region, in the area of people & organizational development by maximizing the potential of WV’s human resources and increasing organizational performance to fulfill WV’s mission & vision.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Job Responsibilities
The People & Culture Director will perform the following functions-
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities and succession planning.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and support spiritual development of their team.
- Actively participate in the NO Senior Management/ Leadership team meetings.
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the Supply Chain team.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met.
- Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
- Manage appropriate financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risk ratings, both at the NO and project levels.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field.
- MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ZICA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years in Senior Finance leadership experience is required, including experience in the management of a wide number of grants from different donors.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally.
- Experience of treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems is preferred.
- Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.