Deadline: 5 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Risk Management Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Risk Management Specialist will lead a team of Risk Management Specialists tasked with providing guidance on risk assessments and related due diligence work for ADB’s non-sovereign transactions, including loans, guarantees, and equity investments, as well as provide risk oversight in the monitoring of existing transactions.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Financial Control Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Risk Assessment
- Independently review, assess, write credit opinion, and provides recommendations for key transaction risks, covering, inter alia, sponsor, commercial, industry, reputation and structure risks in proposed financing transactions.
- For equity investments, work closely with ORM equity team to recommend structures, terms, valuation methodologies and exit strategies for equity investment proposals.
- Provide advice and recommendations to origination teams on appropriate risk mitigation measures, deal structuring, risk adjusted pricing, security and other commercial terms, and financial covenants throughout the risk appraisal process.
- Transaction Monitoring
- Independently review monitoring reports of nonsovereign debt and guarantee transactions, and determines the appropriate frequency of the monitoring report based on the specific risk profile of the transaction and recommending appropriate ratings.
- Review proposed valuations in terms of appropriateness of methodology and accuracy, and comments on the feasibility of proposed hold and/or exit recommendations in the monitoring reports.
- Evaluate and recommend approval for waivers, amendments, and consents related to various proposed changes to loan covenants or shareholder agreements, and terms and conditions in legal documents, restructuring proposals for performing assets, and all changes to the security package for previously approved transactions.
- Assist ORM Management with guidance on internal and external inquiries related to the relevant sector.
- Participate in selected due diligence missions.
- Provide support for Investment Committee meetings.
- Assume ad hoc project duties and other forms of assignments, as required.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related fields or its equivalent.
- University degree combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience in an international bank, rating agency, equity fund or multilateral/bilateral development organization, in risk management,deal origination or investment appraisal with specific focus on financial institutions, but also to include other product types such as project finance, corporate finance, or equity investments.
- Substantial exposure in dealing with credit risk investment and monitoring issues related to complex debt and guarantee of transactions with financial institutions preferably in Asia and the Pacific region.
- Experience in all aspects of credit risk assessments, mitigation, and structuring of debt,direct and indirect equity, or guarantee transactions including technical, financial, market/industry, and regulatory risk analysis.
- Detailed understanding of lending and investment practices, banking products, financial modeling, rating methodology, and risk management concepts and methodology.
- Strong knowledge of banking products, financial and risk modeling, stress test methodology, analytical framework for assessing economic capital and loan loss provisioning adequacy, rating methodology, and risk management concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- International experience working in multiple markets, preferably in developing countries.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.