Deadline: 14 December 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Analyst in Panama City, Panama.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Procurement Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Implements key aspects of operational procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of assigned procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of, or support to, the different steps of the procurement processes, including Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
- Provides technical support and guidance to procurement processes of the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly prepared elements of procurement plans and monitoring of their implementation of infrastructure process.
- Ensure to follow on embedding sustainability along the infrastructure procurement process.
- Organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulation.
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Monitoring of contractor performance and certification of completed work for compliance with contractual terms and payment.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) preferably in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, engineering or other related field.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) Procurement or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics, engineering or other related field with an additional 3 years of relevant working experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Having a certification in procurement (example CIPS- the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Chain) will be an advantage.
- Minimun 1 year (or more according to level of studies) of relevant experience in Procurement of Supply Chain Management.
- Experience in infrastructure procurement process in the public sector or international organizations is required.
- Experience in FIDIC contract management.
- Experience in the development and supervision of infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of UN Procurement Rules and Regulations is distinct advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.