Deadline: 31 July 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following functions:
- Design procurement strategy to buy food from traders and smallholder farmers (SHF) as well as non-food items (NFI) to ensure smooth operations in Tanzania and in the neighbouring countries.
- Provide oversight, guidance and support to the Country Offices procurement team to implement best practice procurement policies and procedures, ensuring a strategic and proactive approach to procurement in compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and regulations.
- Support the head of supply chain in implementation of the supply chain strategy, and lead and participate in actions of national capacity strengthening
- Consolidate and analyze data to inform Country sourcing strategies or plan specialist procurement initiatives that support effective and cost optimizing purchase decisions, whether from traditional suppliers or off-takers.
- Lead the procurement of food and non-food items (NFI) and manage operational activities for the Country Office including issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts).
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation evidenced by procurement data and other relevant factors
- Maintain a pool of reliable suppliers for all procurement items; Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with all relevant suppliers and vendors.
- Manage and coordinate effective relationships with inspection and superintendent firms to ensure quality control, specification conformity, volume assessment, monitoring and verification of deliveries.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and /or training / course.
- 5 year’s or more of relevant progressive work experience in providing oversight to procurement operations, partnering with the key supply chain functions, such as logistics, to ensure an integrated supply chain approach to meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries.
- Proven Experience communicating and coordinating with UN agencies/ large international conglomerates.
- Experience working with food commodity markets (incl. experience with freight markets) as well as goods and services needed in support of WFP’s Operations and its related market intelligence.
- Experience working with vendors and Experience with budgeting, pipelines and related issues in WFP Corporate Systems.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.