Deadline: 21 August 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Officer in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 15 Months.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Officer will perform the following-
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS Procurement Manual, Financial Rules and Regulations, relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions.
- Implementation of effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client oriented procurement management process.
- Continuous business processes monitoring and elaboration of changes.
- Supervision and guidance to procurement personnel.
- Review and preclearance of procurement processes.
- Preparation and pre-clearance of Contracts and Property Committee (CPC) submission for clearance by the clearing authority.
- Review submissions below CPC thresholds for award of contract by the PA.
- Provide comments to LCPC/HQCPC observations related to the cases submitted by GHOH business units.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree with 5 years in Business Administration, Finance, Procurement & Supply Chain Management or related field.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted considered
- Certificate in Procurement – CIPS (certificate in Purchasing and Supplying) Accredited Level III or equivalent is an asset.
- 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in Procurement (operations) is required.
- At least 3 years of experience and knowledge of UNOPS procurement rules and regulations is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and newer versions) is required.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.