Deadline: 22 May 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will the following functions:
- Development and Implementation of procurement strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Team Management
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree (Master degree), preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is desired but not required.
- First University degree (Bachelor degree) in combination with 7 year’s qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience at the international level and/or national level in advising on implementing policies and procedures to deliver a range of complex procurement programmes and services is required.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing and developed countries is an asset;
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement is desirable;
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and usage of Google suite is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is strongly desirable.
- Fluency in Tagalog/Filipino Language is desirable.
- Knowledge of other Philippine Regional dialects is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.