Deadline: 4 November 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Specialist in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Procurement Specialist will work in close collaboration with the operations and project teams in the Projects Centre, UNOPS HQs staff, and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Project Centre procurement business processes mapping and elaboration, establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
- Synthesis of proposals and implementation of contract strategy in the Project Centre, including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Review and quality control of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (HQCPC and LCPC).
- Management of procurement contracts.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched.
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of e-procurement module.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.