Deadline: 31 October 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Area Finance Coordinator in Awassa, Ethiopia.
The Program Area Finance Coordinator will be responsible to procedural compliance of more than 5 million USD budgets per annum across the program area with diverse geographic area and implementation modalities which needs wise financial management knowledge and sense of cooperativeness.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Area Finance Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Business Planning:
- Assist budget holders on the annual planning and budget management.
- Ensure all Project Outlines are prepared based on Operational Plan and gets approved.
- Consolidate and forward cash flow Projection from departments to country office.
- Grant management:
- Monitor grants on a monthly basis. Liaise closely with budget-holders to support the analysis of monthly variances.
- Support implementation of all donor financial compliance requirements in coordination with other departments.
- Provide support to ensure that all grants are complete and accurate from a financial perspective in advance of grant closure.
- Transaction Processing:
- Review payments for advance and follow up its settlement.
- Review petty cash payment and its replenishment.
- Review Sub grantees advances to Local NGOs/governments, as per the partnership agreement.
- Financial reporting:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statement and take action on all irregular transactions.
- Review sub Grantees financial reports & subsequent fund release requests.
- Prepare financial statements of the Program Unit (PU) for auditing.
- People Management:
- Coach and lead all staffs working under her/his region to fully takeover each other’s responsibility on one’s absence.
- Participate in team building process as a Program Unit management Team (PUMT).
Applicants must have:
- BA degree in Accounting/ Business Management with more than 5 years practical experience preferably in International NGO setting with Multi donor organizations.
- Additional supervisory level experience.
- Having an additional Masters/ Professional certification is a plus.
- Ability to use computer applications like Excel, MS word and Power point.
- Nationality of Ethiopia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.