Deadline: 13 May 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Finance and Administration Officer in Arusha, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Program Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible to provide Financial Management and Administrative support to the Program as per WV policies and procedures.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
Program Finance and Administration Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare internal and external disbursement according to World vision operating policies and GAAP and submit them to the cluster office for payment and entering data into Subsystem, ensure that all such payment requests are within budget, adequately supported and in accordance to WV Tanzania approval limits.
- Handle petty cash float of the program, ensure all payments are properly approved with the relevant backups, ensure there is timely reimbursements done; all cash collections are recorded and timely deposited in the bank.
- Participate in Projects Budget Preparation and Management, monitor spending against budgets for all projects with the Program to ensure no under or overspending takes place.
- Review Partners funding request for correctness and submit to Senior Cluster accountant.
- Reconcile store records, raise purchase requisitions and submit to cluster for processing, follow up purchased items at NO on behalf of the ADP for timely delivery and reconcile with GRN at ADP.
- Maintain an updated and complete Fixed Asset Register at program level, Perform assets inventory at Least twice a year, all assets are tagged and coordinate disposal of obsolete assets as per WV Policy.
- Also oversee any WV assets that could be transferred to Partners within the ADP to further WV business, post all the financial transactions to the systems.
- Participate in Project Visits for review of ongoing constructions, ongoing seminars and verification of delivered items to beneficiaries prior to payment by cluster office; facilitate Sponsor visits and GN processing to RC Families and Community.
Applicants must have-
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 years in Project Accounting or Financial Management.
- Degree in Accounting with CPA Module E.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related to work environment needs.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Nationality of Tanzania.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their application through online process.
For more information, Please visit WVI.