Deadline: 22 July 2020
Concern Worldwide is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Accountant in Democratic Republic Congo. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to tackling poverty and suffering in the world’s poorest countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Financial Control:
- Guided by the CFC, ensure that the Concern worldwide financial policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented in a standardised manner.
- To manage the finance department activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by donors and Dublin HQ.
- Assist programme managers and teams to follow donors’ (especially USAID) financial rules while budgeting, spending and reporting, facilitate with programme staff review, and follow up of any issues/variances arising.
- Closely monitor all financial activities, and keep the Programme Managers, AC, Programme Director (PD) and CFC advised of all situations, which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial management performance.
- Monthly Management Accounts:
- Liaise with the Kinshasa Chief Accountant and Grants Finance Manager in reconciling balance sheet items, preparing monthly management accounts and month end process for review by the CFC.
- Assist the CFC to produce accurate monthly management accounts, engaging in necessary review work, posting of journals etc.
- Assist the CFC in the process of obtaining explanations of variances between budget and actual spending, income and pass the necessary adjustments to ensure correct reporting.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree with a background in finance, management, administration or a related field.
- 3/4 year’s finance experience including donor and management reporting, accounting, staff and partner management and some capacity building initiatives (coaching, mentoring or training).
- Experience in emergency or development contexts a distinct advantage.
- Experience in donor budgeting and financial reporting.
- Experience working with a diverse range of institutional donors (especially OFDA, DFID, ECHO and SIDA).
- Experience in managing large programme budgets.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in training finance and non-finance staff.
- Fluency French with Good English level.
- Good team player and able to adapt to different cultures.
- Experience of working in a high-pressured, results focused and dynamic environment.
- Good understanding of donors and donor requirements.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft office.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Concern Worldwide.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.