Deadline: 20 October 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 Year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support formulation of programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for identification of areas for support and programme formulation/ implementation.
- Provide effective support to management of the Regional Programme/s focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Presentation of information for audit of development projects.
- Provide administrative support to Regional Programme/s implementation activities focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support the Governance and Peacebuilding Cluster’s projects implementation activities according to BRH workflows (including IC process, organization of workshops, travel etc.).
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Practice advisory functions focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information in support to the practice team’s research functions.
- Integrity of Practice team information including tracking of Advisory services.
- Efficient travel arrangements provided for the team as required, ensuring proper use of UNDP resources and client satisfaction.
- Support budget management and donor reporting focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of relevant information, specifically related to reports and financial analysis.
- Preparation and review of contribution agreements, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Maintenance of relevant responsibilities according to contribution agreements.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in BRH focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, specifically in participation of creation and maintenance of team pages.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education or equivalent, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years for Secondary school, or 2 years for a Bachelor’s degree holder, of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Thai.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.