Deadline: 16 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate will be responsible to provide administrative and logistics support to the team and contributes to knowledge sharing and strategic vision positioning by supporting the organization of events of the Bureau.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to the regional forward analysis function, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of results of regional data collection, trend analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning to inform implementation of Strategic Plan, development of programming portfolio, crisis prevention strategies, etc.
- Assistance in Integrating/aggregating results from country and regional programmes to inform strategic decision making, obtain CO buy-in on regional priorities.
Helps identify regional priorities, emerging issues, region-wide solutions and ideas for business development.
- Ensure provision of support to regional strategy and positioning function of the team, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to the Strategic Analysis team in developing UNDP positioning on CO and sub-region portfolio.
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information and data on issues impacting the region for input in the preparation of ad-hoc briefings on political, sensitive and crisis issues and for proposing options with risk assessments for regional positioning as requested by members of the team.
- Presentation of information/reports for identification of areas for regional and sub-regional support and interventions.
- Assistance in the preparation of briefings, reports, presentations and other documents, ensuring adequate translation of UNDP positioning and corporate strategy, ensuring adequate compliance with corporate standards.
- Support to the development of regional and sub-regional (multi-country elements) strategies.
- Support organization of positioning activities for the Bureau.
- Provide efficient administrative support to the Unit and the Bureau, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Set-up and maintenance of an efficient secretariat and filing system for the portfolio covered by the unit s/he is supporting.
- Maintenance of roster of consultants and experts used in the region, including feedback from clients (RR/RCs, CO staff, UN agencies) on performance of Consultants, for use in subsequent recruitments.
- Organization and scheduling of meetings originated by RBLAC, including reservation of room, notification to attendees; logistics; preparation of agenda; organization and distribution of key documentation; drafting/revision of meeting minutes; posting of relevant outputs.
- Organization of travel and processing of travel requests in ATLAS for Team staff in line with UNDP Travel Manual; calculation of DSA entitlements and claims and ensuring the timely settlement of claims.
- Facilitate knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Keep an up-to-date library of knowledge on CO and sub-regional portfolio, proactively sharing documents with team members and responding to their specific requests for information.
- Upload documents and relevant information on portfolio onto SharePoint for regional teams to access and contribute to building a common data source for the RBx.
- Contribute to the organization of events such as webinars, conferences, staff retreats and cluster meetings that contribute to strategic vision positioning and knowledge sharing.
- Support in the preparation of presentations, maintenance of datasets and preparation of other research inputs responding to specific requests.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting, Administration and Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of ATLAS project management module, travel module and reporting.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both oral and written, is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.