Deadline: 2 July 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Chisinau, Moldova.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support implementing partners and ensuring the timely and accurate recording and processing of government & NGO’s proposals and requests of and reporting on direct cash transfers (DCTs).
- Conduct programme monitoring in UNICEF project sites for project, cash implementation and supplies and informing team-members on the status.
- Conduct and record micro-assessments and assurance activities under HACT, including regular programmatic visits and spot checks for partner’s projects to assess their implementation, financial record-keeping, expenditure controls and reporting systems.
- Monitor and track the efficient distribution of cash and supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support the programme section in researching, compiling and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate programme delivery as well as preparation of reports, working papers and presentations.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are aligned to the AWPs, and making amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for the section including but not limited to registering and updating grant allotments and reports and tracking expiring programme grants.
- Support capacity development activities related to programme development by preparing training materials and participating in training exercises.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 6 year’s administrative or clerical work experience, accounting/finance, economics, or other relevant area is required.
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Knowledge of Russian or another official UN language is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.