Deadline: 28 August 2019
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate – Local Development Finance in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Associate – Local Development Finance will provide a wide range of programme and finance support services and ensure full compliance of LDFPA programme operations with the UNCDF operational framework in line with the UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies.
UNCDF makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs).
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate – Local Development Finance will perform the following functions:
- Provide effective programme support to the management of the Local Development Finance (LDF) programme:
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Assist in preparation and conduct of audit of LDF projects, implementation of audit recommendations.
- Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures:
- Provide programme and finance support and ensure full compliance of LDF programme operations with the UNCDF operational framework in line with the UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist the LDF Deputy Director to resolve questions related to budgets and payments.
- Provide timely response to field programme colleagues’ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Administrative support to the LDF Management & Programme Colleagues:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of LDF projects Financial Reports.
- Provide guidance on all travel related matters, in consultation with MSU Travel colleagues and assist with preparation of travel request for staff and consultants.
- Prepare expense report and file all supporting documents; follow up reconciliation of travel and expense report.
- Support in creation of strategic partnerships and facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing:
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNCDF.