Deadline: 20 March 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Finance and Administrative Associate in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Finance and Administrative Associate will work with and provide support to the members of the Programme Team in country offices and ROAP in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Finance and Administrative Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide effective support to programme unit on Budget and Finance Management
- Monitor the budget utilization and implementation in lieu with the work plan and the signed agreement.
- Ensure that expenditure is in accordance with the project document and project work plans and that accounting records and supporting documents are properly kept.
- Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Create projects in UNWomen ERP systems, prepares budget revisions, revises project details and status; determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial management of projects from creation to closure.
- Provide advanced Administrative support to programme unit
- Support in meeting organization arrangement and preparation (budget preparation, venue selection and administration for the meetings such as send out and track invitation letters, organize travel of participants, prepare meeting documents and provide pre/post session logistical and administrative support for the meetings).
- Support in Procurement contracts for goods and services i.e. production of publication, maintain record of procurement documentation for audit purpose (request for RFP/RFQ, assessment, creation of contract and contract amendment, process payment).
- Support in Recruitment of staff and consultants; maintain record of recruitment documentation for audit purpose (advertising of vacancies, reviewing candidate applications, and all administrative aspects of the recruitment, archiving and maintaining records and liaising with the relevant unit to ensure appointments are achieved as planned).
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Pass UN Women Basic Accounting Technical Test is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Thai is required.
- Working knowledge in another official UN language is an asset.
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.