Deadline: 11 August 2017
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Finance Associate in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 12 months.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Review and verify financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems.
- Certify transactions for accuracy and propriety prior to submission to the supervisor for approval and action.
- Analyze/interpret the financial rules and regulations, as well as established policies and procedures, and provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial issues.
- Review drafts for cost sharing and Trust Fund agreements including conditions of contributions within resource mobilization efforts.
- Follow up on contributions within the CPO resource mobilization efforts.
- Monitor and implement an effective and proper functioning of the financial resources management system.
- Manage the financial business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in finance, in consultation with the supervisor.
- Monitor the financial status and implement control mechanisms for management/development projects and keep stakeholders and clients informed for timely actions/decisions.
- Review status reports for quality control.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Bachelor degree in accounting or Secondary Education with specialized national or international certification in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience is required in financial management and administration, in a large corporation or organization is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Written and oral proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.