Deadline: 30 March 2017
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Finance Associate in Mogadiscio, Somalia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Finance Associate will provide support and guidance to the programme and project team in ensuring effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and integrity of financial services.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Monitoring of programme resources, and ensuring compliance of programme resources management with donor and UNDP’s requirements.
- Maintenance of the internal resources management control system, which ensures that resource transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Implementation of cost sharing and trust fund agreements, elaboration of conditions of contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation and resource allocation, presentation of income, budget and expenditure for development projects.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies.
- Ensure implementation of evaluation policies and adapts processes and procedures.
- Follow up on implementation of evaluation recommendations.
- Advise on applicable policies regarding direct project costing and cost recovery.
- Preparation and modifications of budgets for UNDP projects.
- Implementation of the control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications, budgetary status versus ASL, follow up with HQs on ASL for development projects, maintenance of the General Ledger.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- UNDP Accounting and Finance Test is Required.
- University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 7 years of progressively responsible finance and accounting experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS required.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.