Deadline: 6 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Office Specialist – Finance in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Office Specialist – Finance will perform the following functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies and procedures:
- Implement changes in UNOPS operational strategies and systems.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations, Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions.
- Establish, review and implement effective standard operating procedures, financial oversight mechanisms and internal control systems.
- Lead budget preparation and oversight:
- Oversee budget preparation, ensuring budgets and budget amendments are timely, accurate and compliant.
- Work closely with respective internal and external stakeholders for budget preparation and budget management.
- Ensure budgets are set-up and managed in UNOPS ERP system.
- Provide support to resolve recorded budget errors and take timely remedial actions.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in accounting, financial management, treasury management or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in combination with additional 2 year’s of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent professional qualification is an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s of professional-level experience in accounting or budgeting with responsibility for project accounting and preparation of financial statements, in an international organization providing financial management services.
- Knowledge of UNOPS financial rules and regulations is an asset.
- Experience with MS Office 2010 or newer versions is required.
- Experience with G Suite is an asset.
- Working knowledge of ERP and using financial management electronic systems is desired.
- Full knowledge of English and Myanmar language is essential.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.