Deadline: 20 December 2019
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management
- Support the development, delivery and evaluation of programmed work on integrating ecosystems-related dependencies and impacts into finance sector analysis.
- Raise awareness and develop expertise on ecosystems issues with members.
- Develop and fundraise for new innovations in ecosystems and the finance sector.
- Member Relations
- In close liaison with other relevant functions within UN Environment, provide updates, insight and training to Finance Initiative members and other stakeholders.
- Engage with members to ensure the continued relevance of the outputs to members.
- Contribute to building and maintaining strategic partnerships with key stakeholders such as government officials, policymakers and regulators, international and multilateral organisations, non-governmental organisations, industry initiatives and associations, academia and public and private financial institutions.
- Technical Expertise
- Provide technical expertise on the design, development and implementation of technical tools for the finance sector, including but not limited to Excel-based tools that identify and integrate natural capital-related risks and opportunities for financial decision making across different asset classe.
- Contribute to the incubation, development and design of innovative methods to measure the effects of environmental resource variability on the value of financial assets.
- Perform reporting and administrative duties appropriate to the implementation of the activities considered in the thematic work programme of the Finance Initiative on ecosystems.
- Draft comments on technical reports prepared by other units or offices, as required.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics, finance, business or a related area.
- First-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience relating to finance and the environment is required.
- 2 of the 5 year’s work experience at the international level is also required.
- Work experience in financial risk management is an advantage.
- Prior working knowledge of the UN system is also an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Proven technical skills in the area of Finance and Economics, including but not limited to Financial Risk Management and Environmental Economic Theories.
- Proven skills in developing work programs for a variety of private and public stakeholders in the finance sector, including capital market players such as financial regulators, commercial and investment banks.
- Ability to identify and resolve a range of issues/problems and to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.