Deadline: 20 December 2019
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management
- Support the development, delivery and evaluation of programmed work on integrating ecosystems-related dependencies and impacts into finance sector analysis.
- Raise awareness and develop expertise on ecosystems issues with members.
- Develop and fundraise for new innovations in ecosystems and the finance sector.
- Member Relations
- In close liaison with other relevant functions within UN Environment, provide updates, insight and training to Finance Initiative members and other stakeholders.
- Engage with members to ensure the continued relevance of the outputs to members.
- Contribute to building and maintaining strategic partnerships with key stakeholders such as government officials, policymakers and regulators, international and multilateral organisations, non-governmental organisations, industry initiatives and associations, academia and public and private financial institutions.
- Technical Expertise
- Provide technical expertise on the design, development and implementation of technical tools for the finance sector, including but not limited to Excel-based tools that identify and integrate natural capital-related risks and opportunities for financial decision making across different asset classe.
- Contribute to the incubation, development and design of innovative methods to measure the effects of environmental resource variability on the value of financial assets.
- Perform reporting and administrative duties appropriate to the implementation of the activities considered in the thematic work programme of the Finance Initiative on ecosystems.
- Draft comments on technical reports prepared by other units or offices, as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in economics, finance, business or a related area.
- First-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience relating to finance and the environment is required.
- 2 of the 5 year’s work experience at the international level is also required.
- Work experience in financial risk management is an advantage.
- Prior working knowledge of the UN system is also an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
- Proven technical skills in the area of Finance and Economics, including but not limited to Financial Risk Management and Environmental Economic Theories.
- Proven skills in developing work programs for a variety of private and public stakeholders in the finance sector, including capital market players such as financial regulators, commercial and investment banks.
- Ability to identify and resolve a range of issues/problems and to work well with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNEP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.