Deadline: 27 June 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Officer in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead strategic planning for programme operations and advise the POL Coordinator.
- Anticipate challenges and bottlenecks and prepare mitigating plans.
- Oversee risk management and compliance.
- Liaise with EMRO and HQ counterparts on operational planning and coordination.
- Oversee HR planning and management functions in the programme.
- Provides managerial and administrative support to the Polio Programme by supervising.
- Polio Administration, Finance, HR, Logistics & procurement, fleet and resource management teams within Pakistan.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s level or above) in management, business administration, finance or accounting or other social studies from an accredited/recognized institute.
- Degree or training in information management systems and their application to project monitoring and evaluation.
- At least 7 year’s of relevant experience combined at national and international levels in management and administration, including supervision of staff.
- Experience in in developing and promoting the implementation of state-of-the-art and transparent financial, administrative and managerial procedures.
- Experience in developing countries.
- Prior humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO, other UN agency, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Excellent knowledge of English Language
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.