Deadline: 27 February 2020
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Accountant – NORAD in Rukwa, Tanzania.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Project Accountant – NORAD will perform the following functions-
- Project cash and budget management
- Oversee and manage project budget at regional level with close coordination with country finance team.
- Oversee compliance of Donor financial policy guidelines, policies and procedure of Government of Tanzania relating to all statutory requirements (PAYE, WHT, SDL, WCF, NSSF, HESLB) and any other income tax.
- Partnership Management & capacity building to implementing Partners. Management Partners’ contracts with regards to financial requirements from timely reporting, support in any audits if any. Review partner’s advance settlement documents, process for timely payment requests.
- Assist in Detail Implementation Plan revisions and cash flow revisions in close coordination with Thematic Head, Program Manager and Finance team.
- Prepare Weekly and monthly Project cash forecasts in a realistic manner.
- Review Cash Disbursement vouchers.
- Financial reporting
- Prepare monthly / quarterly program / financial report in coordination with Finance Grants and Finance departments.
- Manage general ledger accounting and entering of project expenditure into the system
Reconcile Accounting software reports with Project Reports.
- Monitor the advances register and Sub-Grantees advances.
- Ensure Accountability in Preparation, review, consolidation and submission of correct and complete Project Financial reports on time.
- Assist to Conduct Project audit when needed.
- On Monthly basis, review Project Outline SAP Report against Grant SAP Report, incase of any discrepancies, the same is worked on through passing relevant corrective journals.
- Internal Financial Controls enhancement
- Ensure adherence to Donors financial controls, processes and procedures.
- Follow up finance-related audit actions.
- Participate in Quarterly physical asset and inventory verifications.
- Partners fully understand all Partnership contracts and financial obligations and adhere to their policies, those of Plan and generally as per Donor requirements.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or related Business degree, CPA/ACCA qualification an added advantage.
- At least 3-5 year’s of relevant working experience in the field of accounting and finance.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Finance and accounting preferably in Non-profit making organisation, SAP experience will be an added advantage.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills appropriate to the audience.
- Proficiency Computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
- Ability to work under harsh condition.
- Ability to work under multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Good English language skills(oral /written ).
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Plan International.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.