Deadline: 27 November 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Assistant will support the project management unit to provide logistical support and administrative functions to ensure smooth implementation of the above-mentioned project.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support for Planning Process through the following tasks and duties:
- Collect, analyse and present information for joint planning meeting, quarterly work plans, and budget work plans to support project implementation.
- Prepare information for Project Manager for his/her advice to donor, implementing partners and UNDP.
- Create project in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds.
- Support to Implementing and Managing Projects through the following tasks and duties:
- Provide administrative, operational and logistical supports for the achievement of the outcomes of both projects assigned to him/her in a timely manner.
- Support national project implementation activities according to UNDP workflows (including IC process, organization of forums, workshops, travel, etc.).
- Take all necessary steps for the contractual procedures for the procurement of the goods and services as well as Individual Contracts are taken place in line with UNDP’s rules and regulations.
- Support to Monitoring and Evaluation of the projects through the following tasks and duties:
- Prepare information for Project Manager in finalizing project progress reports (quarterly and annual/financial and substantive) and final project reports.
- Support to the organisation of project mid-term reviews and final evaluation meetings.
- Support to project maintenance and asset management compliance:
- Establish and maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) in line with audit requirements.
- Assist Project Manager in closing the project operationally and financially in accordance with the rules and regulations of UNDP and in close coordination with the implementing agency.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff and other trainings as appropriate.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Social Science, Arts, or related fields would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum 5 years (with Secondary education) or minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s Degree), of progressively responsible experience in administrative, financial, or office support functions in an organization;
- Some specific experiences in programme, project management and/or government institutions is an advantage;
- Experience in climate change related projects is an advantage;
- Experience in organizing events involving international participants (i.e. workshops, meetings, etc.) would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database packages and web browsers.
- Knowledge of UNDP ATLAS financial system would be an advantage;
- Familiarity of UNDP system, rules and procedures is an advantage.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Thai and English.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.