Deadline: 17 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Associate in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Associate will be responsible to provide administrative and logistics support to the team and contributes to knowledge sharing and strategic vision positioning by supporting the organization of events of the Bureau.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Project Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support research and analysis of the costing and financing of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Sri Lanka.
- Conduct research on innovative financing schemes for the SDGs.
- Support work with the Parliamentary Select Committee on Sustainable Development and their four thematic clusters.
- Support the compilation of data and information on the SDGs.
- Contribute to the production of research reports and publications, policy position/discussion papers, and knowledge management products on the SDGs.
- Provide coordination and administrative support where required – for e.g., policy event management, policy networks, etc.
- Support research on international standards, principles and best practices on business & human rights.
- Review regional initiatives on Business & Human Rights and identify opportunities for collaboration within the region.
- Conduct research on the scope for intervention in the field of business & Human Rights in Sri Lanka.
- Conduct research on entry points within the private sector.
- Keep abreast of emerging opportunities within the country in line with the governmental priorities.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders including Government, Private Sector and Civil Society in implementing the Business & Human Rights programme.
- Contribute to the production of research reports and publications, country briefs, concept documents and discussion papers, presentations, knowledge management products on Business & Human Rights.
- Provide coordination and administrative support where required (e.g. – event management, management of stakeholder coordination platforms – Working Group meetings).
- Liaise with the UNDP Regional Centre in Bangkok during implementation.
- Support the compilation of data and information on Business & Human Rights (i.e – case compendiums).
- Any other tasks required in furtherance of the Business & Human Rights programme in Sri Lanka.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education (G.C.E. Advanced Level ) with 6 years OR Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, law or any other related field with minimum 1 year, progressive experience in research work and statistical methods. (Economics, finance, administration and human resources)
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Knowledge of Sinhala and/or Tamil is an asset.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.