Deadline: 6 June 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager – Financial Inclusion in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 12 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager – Financial Inclusion will perform the following functions:
- Project Management, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Financial Inclusion Expertise
- Training & Capacity development
- Coordination & Partnership
- Budget Management
- Staff Management
Applicants must have:
- Master’s in Development Economics; International Development, Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, or other relevant fields, or Bachelors with relevant work experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience working in multi-donor-funded and/or multi-stakeholder projects or programmes managing financial inclusion and community empowerment projects.
- Experience in leading and managing projects aimed at creating employment, social security and market development, aligning to the thematic focus of financial inclusion and developing the small business climate under private sector development agenda.
- Experience working in and deep understanding of Village Savings Loans Associations (VSLAs) and private sector engagement and/or implementing livelihoods/self-reliance, gender mainstreaming, peacebuilding/social cohesion, protection or advocacy interventions within financial inclusion programming context.
- Experienced and excellent demonstratable understanding of project cycle management.
- Experienced working with and implementing projects aimed at addressing challenges faced by displacement affected entrepreneurs to maintain and grow their businesses.
- Experience in capacity-building staff, and in convening and facilitating trainings and workshops
- Excellent analytical and report-writing skills
- Has excellent communication (spoken and written) and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills coupled with conflict management skills
- Experience with remote management of staff“
- Possess a sense of cultural awareness, sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Strong organizational, team spirit and team work skills
- Knowledge of the key issues and current trends in refugee affairs and MSE/financial inclusion.
- Experience in managing projects with digital elements including working with technology companies
- English (fluent, spoken and written)
- Swahili (fluent, spoken and written)
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.