Deadline: 24 February 2017
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Support Associate in Banjul, Gambia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Support Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment).
- Monitor and record best practices and innovative approaches within UNOPS FR&R; identify and show alternative options according to activity needs.
- In consultation with the relevant stakeholders, assist in preparing amendments of Agreements and Budget revisions when applicable.
- Facilitate information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; document and feedback learned and best practices.
- Supporting the project planning process.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Proactively coordinate/liaise with support units on all administrative matters related to contract management.
- Liaise with the Programme Management Office (PMO) Team Members to complete project assurance related tasks.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business Administration, Marketing, Logistics, Journalism, International Relations or similar).
- Relevant Diploma with 4 years of relevant working experience may also be considered.
- Relevant Secondary School certification with 6 years of relevant working experience may as well be considered.
- 2 years relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and Operations Management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination.
- Experience in development projects, donors, and operations management.
- Experience supporting stakeholder engagement and event organizing will be an asset.
- Knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Prince 2 Foundation Certification, or similar is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.