Deadline: 7 July 2020
Action Against Hunger is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Regional Finance Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya.
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Finance Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Provide Finance Support to Action Against Hunger’s country offices.
- Manage the annual budget for the country offices.
- Provide technical supervision to the Heads of Finance at country level.
- Ensure proper financial information management as well as manage internal/external representation to stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, or another relevant field.
- 5 year’s finance and management experience including 3 years’ experience managing grants (USAID/EU funded projects preferred).
- 2 year’s of working internationally, together with field experience working for an international NGO as an administrator or finance manager.
- Extensive experience and skills in budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Knowledgeable of the rules, regulations, and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of grants from US Government, EU, ECHO, UN and other agencies.
- Expertise in MS Office (especially MS Excel) and general ledger software.
- Substantial experience and understanding of essential accounting principles, financial reporting, accounting systems, and budget development and administration is required.
- Ability to manage diverse international teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, with the capacity to juggle multiple projects and pay attention to many small details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Authorized to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Action Against Hunger.