Deadline: 20 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Resource Management Assistant in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Resource Management Assistant will be responsible for accounting transactions and vendor payments, to performing compliance reviews, preparing reports, supporting office administration, and advising staff on a host of RM topics.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Financial Accounting and Reports:
- Process accurately and promptly accounting transactions and follows up on accounting issues.
- Handle and processes transactions in the Asset Management module for office inventory.
- Maintain accounts reconciled at any given point in time.
- Maintain relevant documents and invoices systematically to fully support the accounts.
- Perform Bank account reconciliation and reviews cash flow and replenishment needs.
- Submit Monthly Statement of Reconciliation (MSR) reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist in planning and monitoring budget and expenses linked to country office work program.
- Accounting Controls:
- Maintain consistency in the application of accounting rules and procedures.
- Ensure that all transactions have been duly approved along with relevant supporting documents prior to processing.
- Review general ledger accounts regularly to ensure accurate posting and correct GL accounts.
- Review PeopleSoft submissions for staff payable and receivables.
- Review contractual payments (pouch, travel and banking services), and help the CO’s Administrative Procurement Review Committee.
- Plan and coordinate procurement and disposal of office equipment.
- General Administration:
- Handle local purchasing of supplies, equipment and contracts for services.
- Maintain and update records and reports on status of inventory and physical assets.
- Handle a variety of general office administrative matters and other ad-hoc duties as required (e.g. travel, security, workshop and conferences etc.).
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provide information and assistance on relevant policies and guidelines to other staff.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum Education requirements are Associate’s Degree (2-year degree) in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required and 2 years or more of relevant professional experience (accounting, business, financial audits, etc.,).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline. OR relevant accounting certifications, such as,
- CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting; or
- ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business; or
- equivalent country-level Accounting certificate.
- Good working knowledge of complex accounting or financial systems, such as, SAP, or other reporting tools and Microsoft Office applications are preferred.
- Professional experience internationally or in multinational organization, as well as experience and knowledge of Nigeria country context, is a plus.
- English proficiency is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.