Deadline: 20 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Resource Management Assistant in Abuja, Nigeria. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Resource Management Assistant will be responsible for accounting transactions and vendor payments, to performing compliance reviews, preparing reports, supporting office administration, and advising staff on a host of RM topics.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Financial Accounting and Reports:
- Process accurately and promptly accounting transactions and follows up on accounting issues.
- Handle and processes transactions in the Asset Management module for office inventory.
- Maintain accounts reconciled at any given point in time.
- Maintain relevant documents and invoices systematically to fully support the accounts.
- Perform Bank account reconciliation and reviews cash flow and replenishment needs.
- Submit Monthly Statement of Reconciliation (MSR) reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist in planning and monitoring budget and expenses linked to country office work program.
- Accounting Controls:
- Maintain consistency in the application of accounting rules and procedures.
- Ensure that all transactions have been duly approved along with relevant supporting documents prior to processing.
- Review general ledger accounts regularly to ensure accurate posting and correct GL accounts.
- Review PeopleSoft submissions for staff payable and receivables.
- Review contractual payments (pouch, travel and banking services), and help the CO’s Administrative Procurement Review Committee.
- Plan and coordinate procurement and disposal of office equipment.
- General Administration:
- Handle local purchasing of supplies, equipment and contracts for services.
- Maintain and update records and reports on status of inventory and physical assets.
- Handle a variety of general office administrative matters and other ad-hoc duties as required (e.g. travel, security, workshop and conferences etc.).
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provide information and assistance on relevant policies and guidelines to other staff.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Minimum Education requirements are Associate’s Degree (2-year degree) in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required and 2 years or more of relevant professional experience (accounting, business, financial audits, etc.,).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline. OR relevant accounting certifications, such as,
- CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting; or
- ACCA Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business; or
- equivalent country-level Accounting certificate.
- Good working knowledge of complex accounting or financial systems, such as, SAP, or other reporting tools and Microsoft Office applications are preferred.
- Professional experience internationally or in multinational organization, as well as experience and knowledge of Nigeria country context, is a plus.
- English proficiency is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.