Deadline: 3 September 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Resource Management Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Resource Management Officer will provide the Resource Management RM support to GEF, with intention to work across other units as needed.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Resource Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Front-line business partners to client management and provide technical expertise and advisory in business finance.
- Combine excellent analytical skills with an ability to interpret data and apply judgment, advising clients on how best to manage and deploy financial resources available to them, whilst ensuring compliance with institutional and statutory obligations.
- Work within teams to deliver key products and services on time and within standard and may have day-to-day team lead responsibility.
- Work across the BPS RM structure in different assignments over time – in response to business needs and in support of their professional development.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required to fulfill position specific requirements (e.g. Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Information Systems, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree plus an internationally recognized professional qualification .
- 5 years relevant experience across 2 units or moving to an assignment in a different unit (relevant country office, non‐RM, or external experiences would fulfill second unit requirement).
- Excellent communication, team work, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Working experience in strategic planning (e.g., corporate, sector and/or country related strategies), preferably with hands on experience in operations.
- Proficiency in SAP and analytical tools, such as BW/BI/BO/AO and/or other systems of comparable complexity, preferably with experience in providing user specifications for systems, along with strong user group coordination skills.
- Experience in quantitative modelling skills that are appropriate for supporting regional level decisions on resource allocation and utilization.
- Ability to write and present complex data/analyses in a concise and clear manner.
- Demonstrated expertise in management and/or financial accounting disciplines, such as fund accounting.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WBG.