Deadline: 4 July 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Resource Management Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Resource Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to establishing institutional standards for data management, query building, and quality assurance processes and work towards implementing the standards in collaboration with data stewards and ITS.
- Define rules for (restricted) key figures, measures, variables and relevant data attributes.
- Coordinate RM master and reference data management (define attribute values, oversee maintenance, map master data flow processes etc.).
- Coordinate BPS response to data privacy protection initiatives.
- Identify flaws and make appropriate recommendations that result in transformations in business process, procedures, and policies.
- Assess business needs and translate them to technical requirements to propose solutions in alignment with strategy.
- Seek ways to improve the accuracy and quality of the RM reporting content to maximize value.
- Oversee implementation of RM Portal reports as well as production of ad hoc and regular management reports and dashboards.
- Maintain portfolio of the reporting and analytic tools to ensure content is up to date and error free.
- Work with BPS staff (and as applicable OPCS, HR, DFI staff) on issues regarding costing, planning, and monitoring and provide recommendations on solutions.
- Participate in the application development life cycle of planning areas in SAP BPC.
- Coordinate RM system testing in collaboration with BPS and other corporate unit colleagues.
- Actively participate in the ERP Transformation project.
- Collaborate in the development of business cases and other documentation for capital projects.
- Train and coach more junior members of the team.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other relevant discipline required to fulfill position specific requirements (e.g. Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Information Systems, etc.) or bachelor’s degree plus an internationally recognized professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA, CGMA, CIMA, CFA).
- 5 years relevant experience across two units or moving to an assignment in a different unit (relevant country office, non‐RM, or external experiences would fulfill second unit requirement).
- Knowledge of Bank budget and cost accounting processes and supporting systems.
- Ability to conceptualize end-to-end data flows from input to output.
- Understanding of calculation logic/rules related to RM data.
- Knowledge of RM critical data elements.
- Experience working with Master Data Management and Metadata Management tools.
- Experience in applying best practices for data management and quality assurance.
- Ability to identify, quantify and effectively address business risks associated with data quality, privacy or non-compliance.
- Strong project management skills including conducting user focus group sessions, presentations, learning events, product demos, walk-in clinics, and drafting Ask Budget announcements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to get stakeholder buy-in and conduct outreach activities.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.