Deadline: 9 March 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Resource Mobilization Senior Specialist in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Resource Mobilization Senior Specialist will be responsible for the technical dialogue with the Fund contributors.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Resource Mobilization Senior Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Identify, engage, and secure support from contributors and prospective contributors in governments, other public sector, Foundations, private sector, Philanthropies, and alternative sources of finance.
- Build support to the resource mobilization of the Fund, including in the context of relevant international or multilateral initiatives and key political summits.
- Provide support in the preparation of policy documents, reports and operational guidelines as directed by the CFO, Senior Management Team and/or the Executive Director.
- Support the development, in close collaboration with other divisions of the Secretariat, of a sound plan designed to effectively achieve the Fund’s resource mobilization.
- Support the administrative process and procedures required to realize the actual contributions from contributors.
- Contribute to the work required for the transition towards a periodic replenishment process.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in development studies, finance, marketing, economics, public affairs, political science or a related field.
- Minimum 11 years of experience in the development field, including experiences in International Organizations, philanthropic foundations and other relevant public and private entities, and having progressively responsible experience working at the international and national levels, with relevant exposure to resource mobilization.
- Capital markets, investment banking or investment fund distribution/book-building experience for project finance and/or private equity in developing markets will also be considered.
- Track record in international relations, multilateral processes and/or diplomacy, preferably with experience in the intergovernmental negotiations under the United Nations, particularly under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and/or multilateral development banks.
- Good understanding and knowledge of climate change finance.
- Excellent drafting and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.