Deadline: 30 April 2016
Heifer International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Accountant in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Senior Accountant will supervise Project and Country Office Finance officers.
Heifer International’s mission is to work with communities to end world hunger and poverty and to care for the Earth.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Performing analytical review of General ledger accounts and reconciling balance sheet accounts including project and staff advance reconciliations.
- Assisting the Director of Finance in proper maintenance of accounting system, posting of transactions on daily basis (Ensuring that transactions are fully supported, approved and properly filed) and bank reconciliations.
- Liaising with Project/Satellite offices in preparing Cash requirements for each project including program.
- Assist in preparation of the audit schedules for annual, internal or project audits.
- Preparation of Payroll and update of payroll deductions while ensuring proper tax computation and timely submission.
- Process Headquarters claims.
- Collect and facilitate review of special reports for internal control.
- Ensure the maintenance of an accurate and up to date fixed asset register.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of financial systems and processes.
- Review and verification of invoices and payment vouchers to ensure completeness, correct coding and reasonableness including statutory payments.
- Prepare donor/project finance reports and budget against actual analysis for allocated project(s) and ensure timely submission of the reports to the donor and Project Managers.
- Contribute to the sound cash management process in the country office ensuring daily cash balances are adequate.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, obtained from a recognized institution, plus five (5) years of demonstrated experience.
- CPA II or ACCA or CIMA or equivalent accounting certification.
- Good analytical skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages (e.g Sun Systems, Pastel, Agresso).
- A good understanding and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger and environment, and knowledge of the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail software.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong Numeracy skills.
- Demonstrated written and oral fluency in English.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Heifer.