Deadline: 1 October 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Accounting Assistant in Chennai, India. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Senior Accounting Assistant will be responsible for processing payments to vendors and staff located at HQ or Country offices.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Accounting Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Process payments to staff and vendors within service standards and contractual terms, which includes invoice review, data entry, and payment proposal preparation, review, and release in accordance with established guidelines.
- Track and clear invoice work items assigned in the SAP inbox; check emails received from clients and take immediate action; resolve cases that require special attention.
- Follow up with TTLs, managers, other staff, and vendors regarding pending workflow items.
- Apply provisions of US GAAP for accrual accounting.
- Adopt best practices to set off vendor receivables.
- Research and initiate action for vendor debit balances; work with vendor on refunds.
- Investigate and resolve cases for failed payment executions, stop payment requests, and stale-dated checks.
- Execute vendor down-payments, as needed for prepaid expenses and advances and ensure these are netted against subsequent invoices; monitor and resolve open down-payments.
- Execute daily Evaluated Receipts Settlement (ERS) process to generate invoice documents in SAP from electronically approved service entry sheets.
- Provide resolution to vendor claims relating to non-payment or incomplete payment or insufficient information to apply payments.
- Respond to queries from vendors, units, relating to invoice payments.
- Analyze / research / act on requests for accounting adjustments relating to accounts payable, engage in discussion as needed to understand and determine action required.
- Submit employee reimbursement request for miscellaneous payments to consultant and non-PO payments to firms.
- Coordinate with the vendor master team to update banking information.
- Maintain excellent client rapport and demonstrate client service skills in resolving issues.
- Participate in ad-hoc activities such as system testing and other assigned tasks.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce or related field with minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Substantial work experience with transaction processing using integrated, automated accounting systems with a comparable level of complexity to the SAP system.
- Proven track record of problem-solving skills in an automated accounting environment; experience with SAP is desirable, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology quickly and effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.