Deadline : 12 March 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Adviser in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Adviser will perform the following functions:
- Recruit and manage a team composed of dedicated and seconded staff.
- Develop a protocol and process for addressing and evaluating “innovative financing” structures and advising management on their viability, requirements and potential impact.
- Manage and coordinate the team’s activities and initiatives with other units within UNICEF working in similar areas (e.g. SD, PD’s Public Finance unit, WASH, etc.).
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to coordinate funds management and disbursement across the Office of Innovation and its various programs, including all private and public sector funding, in close collaboration with the IMT (Innovation Management Team), in line with the priorities of the Global Innovation Strategy 2.0. Taking appropriate actions to optimize use of financial resources and advise the office on programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to programme planning, monitoring and evaluation; and
- Develop “in-house” expertise and knowledge on effective financial structures to address needs areas (e.g. SDGs, WASH projects, etc.).
- Advise on, assist in structuring, support the review and monitoring, as well as the execution of “Innovative Financing” solutions designed to support UNICEF’s mission and programmatic initiatives, including engagement with private sector and multi-lateral organizations.
- Educate UNICEF’s operations and programmes on how to leverage financial structures and solutions to speed up and expand their delivery capabilities, enabling their programs to be more efficient and effective.
- Raise staff’s awareness of how financial engineering and structuring can help address the scale of the challenges UNICEF faces and in general educate them as to what is viable and what is not.
- Understand the asks / projects and helping to develop financial funding structures which would support them, while looking to leverage both the IFIs, Development Banks and private sector.
- Assist in bridging private sector, financial speak with public sector programme speak.
- Help drive organizational, results oriented change and ultimately geometrically expand UNICEF’s assistance to children and youths.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in relevant field, e.g. Finance, Public Policy, Business Administration, Development, or related degree is required.
- Minimum 10 year’s of relevant professional experience in private sector work experience at national and international levels in finance, project finance, project management, consulting or other related fields is required.
- Strong capacity to work effectively in inter-divisional teams.
- Strong capacity to distil and translate multifaceted and critical issues for organizational attention.
- Experience in / knowledge of the UN system and knowledge of UNICEF’s work would is considered an asset.
- Strategic and global thinking and analytical ability.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to manage projects.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.