Deadline: 21 July 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Country Officer in Sydney, Australia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Country Officer will perform the following functions-
- Play a key role in formulating the country partnership strategy and country operations business plans, and preparing and updating economic, sector, and thematic assessments.
- Represent ADB in strategic policy dialogue with Government on macro-economic development and public sector management.
- Take responsibility for client relationships and reports on the validity of the strategy over time.
- Facilitate discussions with the government, the private sector, civil society, and other key stakeholders relating to solutions to problems (with prior consultations with various operating and support teams in ADB).
- Contribute new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
- Assist in supervising and reviewing the work of consultants and contractual staff in the country and ensures quality of their work outputs.
- Support work on the evaluation of the strategy and individual operations.
- Review and analyze socio-economic developments including macroeconomic performance and economic policy reform issues and maintains databases on economic and financial statistics.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in economics, finance, engineering or related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, engineering or related fields, combined with at least 5 year’s of relevant work experience.
- At least 10 year’s of relevant and significant experience liaising with government, and supporting project processing and administration in different sectors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.