Deadline: 30 June 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Economist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Economist will perform the following functions-
- Lead, or participate in, multidisciplinary teams to assist governments in the identification and preparation of investment and finance support initiatives in the fields of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing, and participates in pre-appraisal and appraisal missions.
- Lead, or participate in, multidisciplinary teams for the implementation support and the preparation of final evaluation of investment and finance support solutions.
- Advise governments in the preparation of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing studies and strategies, and in the formulation of national sector and/or sub-sector investment plans and programmes.
- Advise on developing inclusive and sustainable food systems, involving producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, civil society organizations and governments.
- Lead the formulation and delivery of capacity development initiatives in the areas of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment support to government staff, non-state actors and private sector organizations.
- Prepare documents in accordance with FAO, government and financing partners’ requirements.
- Advise on task organization, selection of consultants, and preparation of terms of reference and in ensuring the quality of outputs.
- Represent the Organization at international and inter-governmental meetings and conferences, advocates for strategic partnerships, best practices and effective policy dialogue; develops and negotiates effective working relationships and agreements with international and national partners.
- Establish, promote and maintain relationships with relevant Strategic Programmes, FAO Technical Units and Decentralized Offices in order to ensure best synergies between investment, policy and innovation work in support to Member Nations.
- Lead or participate in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate Strategy.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and advice to junior staff.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in economics, agricultural economics, natural resources economics, agribusiness management or a closely related field
- 10 year’s of relevant experience in the practical application of economic and financial analysis to development issues, including analytical studies, and/or in the formulation and implementation of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resource management and agro-processing investment and finance support programmes in developing countries and/or countries in transition.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.